1.24.2010

week 30... 10 more weeks!!

It sounds absolutely insane to say that Baby R will be here in 10 weeks... I honestly cannot believe it. My life has been in total fast forward mode for the past 26 weeks! All that I can think about is baby. All that I want to talk about is baby. All that I want to shop for is... yep, you guessed it... baby! I've gone baby crazy... I can only imagine what it's going to be like once Baby R is finally here.

I'm feeling much, much better than I was last week. I finally started to feel like myself again by Wednesday and had a wild hair this past weekend to go out with the girls for a night on the town. I just had to get out and be in a social atmosphere... and I'm not talking out to dinner or to a movie. I needed some visual stimulation. So, where better to get visual stimulation than down in the arena district! It hit a *high* of 40 degrees (believe me, after the coldness and the 17 days of snow in a row, 40 degrees did feel like summer) and the hootchies were out and about. I've laughed at them all before, but I guess I just look at things differently being pregnant and all. It was comical to say the least. But then again, it always is. It was low key for sure. Hung out at Bar Louie, sat at a table, drank my water, and people watched. It got crowded pretty quickly and walking through the crowds made me nervous. I just don't want to be jabbed with an elbow or have some drunk person fall into me. Paranoid?! Maybe. It was nice to be out and about in the social scene... but I was over it pretty quickly.

This week has been a good one so far. Nursery is coming along - Eddie plans on finishing up the hardwood floors this weekend. I'm so anxious to see it all done.

Gestation week: 30
Total weight gain: Up 2 lbs in 2 weeks... grand total 21 lbs
Baby size: Baby R is about 15.7 inches long and weighs about 3lbs
Major baby developments: Eyesight is developing
Current issue: Sleep
Current craving: Sushi - of course I crave what I can't have :(
Exercise this week: Treadmill
Hormonal moment of the week: Had a tear stroll down my face during American Idol. And I don't even like that stupid show!!
Stretch marks: None to report
Maternity clothes: Yep!
Most recent baby purchase: Furniture!!
Fluttering/kicking: Moving and hiccuping all day long.
Most memorable moment of the week: Room is completely painted and furniture has been purchased!

So this concludes week 30. I am becoming extremelly anxious to meet this little one! I once thought that I was FOR SURE that this little baby is a girl... now, I'm just not sure. My intuition has left the building and I am clueless! Either way, I can't wait to hear the doctor announce the BIG news!
 
More to report from the baby belly at week 31...
 
Peace, Love, and Baby,
 
Meredith & Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment