2.11.2010

weeks 31, 32 & 33... I'm a big time slacker!

I am currently in the middle of week 33 and time has just gotten the best of me. I have been on the go, go, go, and here I am three weeks later. I am trying to stay on top of things - really, I am - but I'm starting to feel like I'm in a bit of a time crunch. Overwhelmed, maybe?! Yes, definitely!!

According to my "baby ticker" I have about 45 more days to go. Wowza! That's like, just around the corner.

So over the last 3 weeks, Eddie has been feverishly working on the nursery. The walls are painted, the new hardwood floors have been laid (man, that was a slight catastrophe), and the beautiful curtains that my mother-in-law so graciously made, have been hung. It looks wonderful! The furniture should be in any minute now... so for the time, all of the 'baby stuff' is currently sitting in the furniture-less nursery and in the hallway.

So the BIG arrival of Rachel and Brian has come and gone :( and this time, more than ever, I am so extremely sad. I am always sad when Rach comes and goes or when we visit them and have to leave, or when we spend 7 amazing days in Hawaii with them only to part ways and head home... and unfortunately, I have a feeling that when this baby is born it's going to be harder than it's ever been for them to come and go. So they flew in last Thursday (2/4) morning and we spent every waking minute together from the time that they landed until the time that they left. Eddie and Brian were best buds - so while the girls were preparing for a baby shower, the guys were having their bachelor nights. Too funny, to say the very least!! My shower thrown by Rach and Stacey was nothing short of spectacular!! It was breathtaking. Fresh flowers, homemade food by Rach and Val, beautiful table coverings, it was all so perfect! I am ever so blessed. I had about 43 guests attend! We got so much stuff!! All of our big items from our registry and then some. I am very, very happy about that. My very dear friend Jessica - and the best photographer, might I add - joined in on the festivities and snapped lots and lots of pictures. I'm sure that they will be phenonemal, like always. I can't wait for her to send us the disc. AND... her present to us: when the baby is born she will do the baby's first photo session for free! Is she amazing or what!! Here are so pictures of the shower decor (note: all of the colors are lime green, black & white to go with our room color scheme!!)  


















As you can tell, it was simply gorgeous! A HUGE thank you to the most amazing sissy ever, Rachel, Stacey, Valerie, Janet, and my beautiful mother. This day was so incredible for me. I love you all.

I have yet another baby shower given by my sister-in-law, Clara, this coming Saturday. This shower will be much smaller - it's for Eddie's side of the family (the Reynolds' and the Smith's). I am very much looking forward to seeing everyone... and because it's a chocolate themed party!! And everyone knows that mama and Baby R loves chocolate these days :)

Not too much activity going on to report... other than the fact that my baby belly is getting mighty big!! I had my most recent doctor's appointment on Friday 2/5 and Rach got to come with me. She was so excited to hear the heartbeat :) My total weight gain at nearly 33wks gestation is 25lbs! Baby is already head down - but there could be some wiggle room in there so the baby can turn at any given moment. All I know is that this baby keeps me up at night... I swear to you, he/she is having quite the party in my baby belly :)

Baby's heartbeat has been at a constant 150-155bmp throughout my entire pregnancy. But on Friday, baby's heartbeat was at 137bpm. Dr Summers said that as the baby gets bigger and the central nervous system continues to develop, the heartbeat is more than likely to slow down. She was not in the least bit concerned, so I will take her word for it.

I can't believe that I have just over 6 weeks until my due date. I hope, hope, hope that I don't go too much over my due date. Rachel's bday is on March 21st so she is pushing for that date - Eddie thinks that I will go a few days early - my prediction is March 30th. Just as long as baby gets here safe and sound... that is the most important thing.

I promise that I won't wait another 3 weeks to write my blog! I am beaming with excitement and anticipation to meet this little one. These last 33 weeks have truly flown by. I hope that the next 6 (hopefully not more) fly by just as quickly... but in the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my last weeks with just Eddie and I and get as much rest as possible :)

As always, the baby bump:


More to report from the baby belly at week 34...

Peace, love, and baby,

Meredith & Eddie

1 comment:

  1. most beautiful baby shower ever. :)

    wait a minute... where you just making me feel better saying you had gained 28lbs too?!

    ReplyDelete