And as many of you probably know, there isn't much a pregnant gal can take to relieve herself of the stuffed up nose, the coughing, the sneezing, the running nose, the sinus headache, the congestion... ugh, the list goes on and on. I can only take a certain kind of Sudafed (and only 30mg tablets at that... what in the hell is that going to do for anyone?!). So my sweet husband went out and got me some medicine and a vaporizer. It has been my best friend since Sunday. I can't wait to turn that thing on again this evening :) I don't do well with illnesses on a regular day, so dealing with it while I am pregnant was twice the fun! My biggest concern was that this didn't turn into something more serious. I'm hoping that I'm in the clear...
Eddie started on the nursery this past weekend and plans to finish it (and by finish I mean paint) by this weekend. Ideally I would also like for him to take up the carpet and order the unfinished hardwood floors so that way we can get them installed, sanded and stained before the end of the month. We plan to have the floors picked out and purchased by the end of next week! It's all coming together.
I bought the 4-in-1 crib (goes from a crib, to a toddler bed, to day bed, to full size bed) and the glider/ottoman over the weekend!! I plan to head down to Ikea in Cincinnati sometime in February to purchase the dresser (the changing table will be on top) and the rug for the bedroom. My ever so crafty father-in-law will be making a bookshelf/side table for us! I just can't wait to see it all completed. .
My shower is 3 weeks away which only means one thing... I'm 3 weeks away from having my sissy's hands rubbin' all of this growing baby belly of mine! I cannot wait.
Gestation week: 29
Total weight gain: Probably only a pound or so since last week
Baby size: Baby R is now over 15 inches long and weighs about 2 1/2 lbs
Major baby developments: Muscles and lungs are continuing to mature and his/her head is getting bigger to accommodate his/her growing brain
Current issue: Sinuses
Current craving: Not a damn thing, because i can't taste anything!
Exercise this week: Once on the treadmill.. it was hard with being sick. Haven't have the strength or energy to do much of anything other than blow my nose and lay in bed :(
Hormonal moment of the week: Cried at A Baby Story on Monday and Fresh Price of Bel Air last night.
Stretch marks: I make Eddie check daily... still in the clear!!
Maternity clothes: So not cute.
Most recent baby purchase: Nothing yet this week.
Fluttering/kicking: HICCUPING!!
Most memorable moment of the week: Nothing too memorable about being sick :(
And since I'm a total slacker and didn't post a week 28 picture, here is my baby bump at week 29:
By the way, this picture was taken in the newly painted baby's room!!
Peace, Love, and Baby,
Meredith & Eddie

No comments:
Post a Comment