3 more days until my due date!! THREE... and still, no baby. Not even close to having a baby. Or at least that's how I feel right now. Went to my weekly doctor's appt on Tuesday and, yes, I am still dilated 1cm, 75% effaced. What gives, baby?! I know that it's warm and safe in there, but there are a ton of people out here just waiting to meet you!!
My next appt is on Monday the 29th (day after my due date) and at that time, if there is still no baby, then we will probably discuss a plan of action. Of course I don't want to be induced, but I understand that may just happen. Whatever is best for me and the baby.
So in the meantime, I have been walking (a lot!!) and doing every other so-called remedy that people have told me to try. Word to the wise: they don't work. It's a bunch of BS. I've even started making up my own rememdies... anything to get this baby a movin' and a groovin'. Nada. I think that it's safe to say that baby will come when baby is good and ready. End of story.
This week at work has passed at an all time record of S.....L.....O.....W!! My days literally feel like years. I'm tying up all of my loose ends at work, just in case I go home tonight and don't come back for another 3 months.
Other than the obvious, I don't have too much to report. Baby R has been as active as ever in my baby belly. I know that room is at a mininum in there. I keep saying "if you come out now you will have so much more room to stretch those loooong legs out". The baby likes it when Eddie rubs on my tummy. Last night baby was moving around so much that it was making it pretty difficult to eat my dinner. So Eddie started to rub on the baby belly and it was like instant serenity. Eddie is going to be such a phenomenal father!
So next week is it... I will be 40 weeks pregnant. Man oh man. I started this blog when I was 11 weeks and baby was not even 2in long. Now I have a full grown 7-8lb little human being inside of me. It has been such a joy writing these posts - and I appreciate all of those who read my blogs and keep up to date with me, Eddie and our sweet Baby R. I know that time is going to be a rare commodity around the Reynolds household for the next few months, but I am going to do my best to keep you all updated on our new family.
And so I end this blog, hoping that the next one I write is the announcement of our beautiful baby boy or girl... but in the event that it's not:
More to report from the baby belly at week 40!!!!!!!
And just in case this is the last pregnant picture that you will see of me, here's my baby bump:
Peace, Love, and Baby,
Meredith & Eddie
No comments:
Post a Comment