3.03.2010

week 36... BIG NEWS

So I am 36 weeks and 3 days, or something like that. I started my weekly doctor's appointments earlier this week (on Monday the 1st). I will see her weekly from here on out - she will check my cervix to see if I've started to dilate. So the BIG NEWS... I've started to dilate! Baby is makin' his/her way into our lives. Oh how sweet it is.

I'm only 1cm, but that's a good start :) I hope to have progressed at least to 2cm by my appt next Monday. But I understand that I can very easily sit at 1cm or even 2 or 3cm's for quite some time. So I am being optimistic and hoping that isn't the case. I hope that baby comes close to his/her due date. Now that I know that the process has officially begun, I am in serious crunch time. Our crib finally came in. Thank the Lord. So yay, the nursery will be complete by the end of this week! Makes me a very happy mama-to-be :)

I just can't believe that this is actually happening. I have been waiting for March to get here since the end of July and now that it is here I don't know what to do with it! I am excited beyond words, but it's a bit bittersweet as well. I have truly had a beautiful pregnancy (lets hope that these last few weeks are no different). I am going to miss having Baby R roll and squirm around in my belly - even at 3am! I'm going to miss Eddie laying on the bed with his hand rested on my stomach watching him in amazement as the baby responds to his touch. I truly am going to miss the pleasure of keeping this baby safe and warm during his/her time of growth. But... soon enough I will have the real thing laying peacefully in my arms or on my chest as I sing my sweet lullabies of Michael Jackson and Madonna :) I am so ready to meet this little angel of ours.

Between now and the end of the month my plan is to just take it easy. Eddie is headed down to visit Ivan this weekend (just for one night). He deserves it! Besides, if he doesn't do it now I don't know when the next opportunity will arise. In 18 years, maybe?! Ha. Only joking! As much as I would love to go and visit with Jamie & Ivan, I just don't think that it's in my best interest to go. Anything can happen at any point and I don't want to take any chances.

I am highly contemplating hiring a house cleaner to come in and really do some cleaning to our home. Eddie says that he'll do it, but really, I just want him to relax a little before things really begin. Hmmm, maybe I'll do that on Saturday morning when he's gone?!

Here is my lovely baby bump:

More to report from the baby belly at 37 weeks...

Peace, Love, and Baby,

Meredith & Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment