12.05.2009

week 23...a mover and a shaker!!

A mover and a shaker... that pretty much sums up the life of Baby R in-utero. From the time that my OB, Dr. Summers, first heard the heartbeat (at 11 weeks) she made the comment that she could hear the baby squirmming around (I don't even think that Baby R was so much as an 2 inches long)! I didn't start feeling the baby until my 18th or 19th week and since then this baby has taken up a liking of moving all over my belly.

During my 20 week ultrasound Baby R was definitely not a still baby. Clearly, Baby R is taking after his/her daddy in that department. For example, when Eddie is on the phone the man cannot sit, let alone stand, still! He paces... and paces... and paces. Drives me crazy. Drives pregnant Meredith even crazier!!

Last night we had sloppy joes for dinner and I can't tell if the baby thrououghly enjoyed the meal or detested it. Either way, Baby R was moving around like crazy. Nearly to the point of making me nauseas. I know that sounds horrible, but after filling my belly with a big dinner and then having all of that movement going on in... it just wasn't conducive to how baby normally reacts after I eat. So, I made walnut brownies with caramel drizzled on the top. Yes folks, this is my new - and might I add SICK - obsession with food. That craving seemed to not only satisify my needs but Baby R's needs as well. We both slept like little babies last night :)

Week 23 has been good so far. Minus all of the crazy acrobatic movement baby has learned, I really don't have much to report. Well, I lied. I am starting to see the adverse effects of my growing belly on my seemingly shrinking lungs. Needless to say, I am having a harder time breathing than normal. Obviously, I totally expected this but I constantly feel myself taking in looooong, deep breaths. Sleeping has become a chore. I was sleeping with a small pillow between my legs but I finally got smart and upgraded to a body pillow that is doing wonders for not only my back and my rapidly growing belly, but for my constant tossing and turning. Don't get me wrong, I still toss and turn but not nearly as much as I was before. And of course I still get up once or twice a night to pee. I am starting to think that sleeping will NEVER be the same. I know the bigger that I get the more uncomfortable I will be... and of course once our sweet little baby arrives, sleep will be a rare commodity in the Reynolds household. I accept that. But what I don't accept is the fact that my sleepless nights have already begun. Woe is me.

Gestation week: 23 down 17 more to go!!
Total weight gain: Up a total of about 13 lbs
Baby size: about 12-13 inches and weighs over a pound now
Major baby developments: Baby senses movement when I dance to MJ songs :) blood vessels in lungs are developing to prepare for breathing and baby will be familiar with Grayson's constant (and often times annoying) barking once the baby is born!!
Current issue: My sick obsession with chocolate
Current craving: Ugh, Read above.
Exercise this week: Lots of excerise to make up from last week!
Hormonal moment of the week: I've been a good girl
Stretch marks: Still none, but I obsess over looking for them. They're bound to show up sooner than later.
Maternity clothes: Ahhh, yes.
Most recent baby purchase: Lots of cute outfits for Baby R.
Fluttering/kicking: Movement, movement, and MORE movement.
Most memorable moment of the week: A woman in my building at work could tell that I was pregnant. This made me very happy!  

And as always, with the exception of last week because I deleted my pictures on accident, here is my growing baby bump.



More to report from the baby belly at week 24... 6 months!!

Peace, love, & baby,

Meredith & Eddie

1 comment:

  1. Loving the belly...next week lift the shirt! Love and miss you so much sissy...you will be an incredible parental unit!

    ReplyDelete