For example, I LOVE to eat and am usually not too indecisive about what I want to shove into my mouth. But lately (within the last week or so) I can't tell you what I want to eat at all. Not even a little bit. It's getting to the point that I am even becoming frustrated with myself. I think that I want something and change my mind within seconds. Or I make something and after a few bites I realize that it wasn't really what I wanted. Like for instance the other evening Eddie wanted breakfast for dinner, so I made omelets (I make the BEST omelets) and sausage. I was so excited for my delectable omelet with all of the cheese and red peppers seeping out. But literally, after two bites, I was not satisified with my choice of dinner. So what did I do next? I pouted. Not in an obnoxious way, just in a pregnant girl way (YES, there IS a difference!!). Needless to say, I ate more of my rainbow sherbet that I have become obsessed with. I hope that I snap out of this change sooner than later.
As far as other hormonal changes: I cry at the drop of a hat. I cried at an episode of CSI Miami the other night for cryin' out loud. But this whole crying business is nothing new to my pregnancy world. The texture of my hair feels different. I can't tell if it's a good different or a bad different. Either way, it sort of makes me want to cry. Go figure. I just can't style it the way I used to. Not even my top of the line products are working for me. And I suddenly have these distinct natural auburn highlights?! Wtf? My hair is normally pretty darn dark! Hmmm, not sure about what's going on with that.
Luckily for Eddie (and myself) I'm hormonal in a decent way. Personally, I feel like I've been a fabulous pregnant wife - so far! I hope that he would say the same :)
Week 21 has been good so far... nothing too major to report:
Gestation week: 21
Total weight gain: Probably gained about a pound or so since last Wednesday... so I'm up 10lbs total
Baby size: About 11 inches. Baby probably weighs about 13oz by now
Major baby developments: Baby's eyebrows and eyelids are now present. And if we're having a girl, her va jay-jay has begun to form!
Current issue: Not being able to finding maternity pants in consignment shops that are LONG enough for me
Current craving: Ha. Read above. I don't know what I want!
Exercise this week: Walking Grayson :)
Hormonal moment of the week: Cried at CSI on Monday. P.a.t.h.e.t.i.c.
Stretch marks: Negative, ghost rider.
Maternity clothes: Searching feverishly.
Most recent baby purchase: Nada. I've been good.
Fluttering/kicking: I think that Baby R is an acrobat.
Most memorable moment of the week: Eddie FINALLY felt lots belly nudges last Saturday morning!!
As always, here is my baby bump growing by the minute (as Eddie so eloquently tells me!!)...
More to report from the baby belly at week 22 (nearing my 3rd and FINAL trimester)...
Peace, love, and baby,
Meredith & Eddie
Check out that baby belly! :) My friend, i think you have finally 'popped'! cute!
ReplyDelete