11.12.2009

week 20... halfway there!

5 months down... 4 1/2 more to go! I am officially halfway through my pregnancy. Luckily we have the holidays coming up, so I'm hoping that makes November and December fly by!

We had our 20 week ultrasound on Tuesday, 11/10, and it was magical. Like I said, we invited our mothers and it was nothing but pure bliss for the both of them. I could only have two people come into the room with me - of course Eddie stayed with me the whole time - so mom and Beth rotated. The expression on both of their faces was priceless as they looked at their FIRST grandchild on the screen. My mom felt the absolute need to take a million pictures of me while having the ultrasound done... she's an avid scrapbooker!!

The baby looked fantastic. This baby has nearly doubled in size since our 16 week ultrasound! I was shocked! The baby is clearly taking after his/her daddy... Baby R just couldn't sit still! Not even for a second. It was quite comical to say the least. Babe was doing somersaults, head between legs, and then... the baby totally started to pout! Literally, the baby put their hand on it's forehead as if to say "C'mon, you guys are really bothering me here!" I LOVE the attitude... hmmm, perhaps a girl?!

The tech did a complete head to toe exam of Baby R and said that the baby looked absolutely amazing! The baby's profile was so darn cute that she even let us see a 4D ultrasound. It was so cool to see how the baby's face is starting to take shape. Granted, I am only 20 weeks and they don't normally do the 4D's until around 28 weeks and after... so the baby sort of looked alien-esque. But still absolutely adorable.

Eddie and I held strong on our word and didn't give into finding out the sex. But I ain't gonna lie... it was hard! Way harder for me than it was for Eddie (he kept me in line). He reminded me of the joy that was coming our way and the fact that he can't wait to be the proud papa and tell everyone the news of his son or daughter! That right there makes the wait totally worth while.

I have been pretty convinced that we're having a girl for a while now... I have had VIVID dreams about a baby girl and I just have that overall feeling. Eddie and I honestly don't care what we have, just as long as Baby R is happy and healthy - although I think that he's a bit more team BLUE :)

I am amazed at the unconditional love that I already feel for Baby R. The further along I get and the more that I see and feel, the harder that I fall. I am madly in love...

Gestation week: 20
Total weight gain: Had my OB appt yesterday and have gained a grand total of 9lbs
Baby size: Approx 10-11 inches. Baby weighed in at 12oz on 11/10... 50th percentile for weight!!
Major baby developments: Baby is swallowing a lot more and is now producing meconium (poo)
Current issue: Growing out of ALL my pants :( bye-bye size 8's
Current craving: Nothing inparticular... thankfully
Exercise this week: Walking Grayson :)
Hormonal moment of the week: Cried at the Ultrasound... Duh!
Stretch marks: Not yet... hopefully never!  
Maternity clothes: It's starting...
Most recent baby purchase: Nothing this week!
Fluttering/kicking: SO much movement! I can't get enough of it.
Most memorable moment of the week: Having our 20wk ultrasound with our mothers!

Here are a few pictures of the regular ultrasound scan and the 4D scan... you can definitely tell a difference!


Baby R resting hand on forehead... SO dramatic 


A diva in the making, perhaps?! We don't know but I sure do love this photo with baby's feet crossed.


4D ultrasound baby looking at us and you can see the umbilical cord by the face
look at that ear, eyes, nose, lips!!


Baby R's 4D profile picture!

And as always, here is my baby bump...



More to report from the baby belly at week 21...

Peace, love, and baby,

Meredith & Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment