10.09.2009

week 15... 172 days to go!

So here we are in week 15... 3 1/2 months pregnant. I am still in shock at how quickly time is passing me by. I am anxiously awaiting the day that I feel the much anticipated "flutter" of Baby R. People say that it can start as early as 15 weeks, but most people say give it until about 17 or 18 weeks.

I constantly wonder what it's going to feel like. Gas? Indigestion? Butterflies? I hope it feels like butterflies. There is nothing better than that butterfly feeling you have when you start dating someone and they say your name... butterflies. Or when you marry the man of your dreams and as you walk down the aisle towards him... butterflies. And when you feel the movement of your first unborn child... blissfully butterflies. I absolutely cannot wait.

So far so good this week. Still the heartburn, headaches, peeing, clothes are gettin' mighty tight, and eating every two hours. I guess that I would say this week I have been craving sweets. Anything from blueberry cobbler to ice cream to rootbeer floats. If it has lots of sugar in it, I'm craving it. On Sunday I really, really, really wanted homemade blueberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. But I settled for warm apple crisp with vanilla ice cream. It hit the spot... but only for that night. On Monday, I wanted nothing to do with it. I would have much rather had sweet potato pie or a frosty from Wendy's. Neither of which I got! I gave into my sweet tooth temptation on Sunday. I'm hoping that holds me over until the next craving kicks in and I have to absolutely have to have whatever I am craving. At that very moment.

So Eddie and I have finally come to a conclusion on how we're going decorate Baby R's room. I say it like we've gone back and forth and fought for months over this. It was actually quite the opposite. At first I was thinking owls, vintage owls. With colors of creams, browns, oranges, yellows, greens, and vibrant purples. But then I found this fabulous bedding set and it was love at first sight. Simple and classic. So we've decided on black, white, and lime green with silver accents. Very gender neutral. Very chic.





We only plan on getting the 4 piece bedding set. Sometimes these designs go overboard with all of the matchy matchy stuff in the rooms. I get it, but I don't want it. So there it is. I hope that you like it :)

The plan is to paint only one wall in the bedroom lime green and leave the rest the current color that they are... which is a very netural tan-ish color. We will be pulling up the carpet and laying down hardwood floors. We just think that it will give the room a bigger feel. Of course, I plan to find a nice and soft accent rug.

I hope that Baby R likes his or her room :)

We will probably start the transitioning of it from being a computer room/second bedroom for our guests to a baby room in December... maybe sooner. I can invision it already.

So, updates for week 15. Size comparison this week: an apple, measures about 4 inches long and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces. Baby R is busy moving amniotic fluid through the nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in the lungs begin to develop. Baby R's legs are growing longer than the arms now (we're hoping that Baby R has long legs like me!!), and can move all joints and limbs. Although its eyelids are still fused shut, Baby R can sense light. If we were to shine a flashlight at my tummy, for instance, the baby is likely to move away from the beam. Eddie totally wants to test this out. Like we would even know if Baby R "moved away from the light". Silly guy!

And, as always, here is my belly at 15 weeks... getting bigger week by week!



More to report from the baby belly at week 16...

Peace, love, and baby,

Meredith & Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment